University of Iowa, 2017
B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication
B.A. Gender, Women’s & Sexuality Studies
B.A. Engaged Social Innovation
Honors in all Majors
Street Law, Inc. Senior Communications Coordinator
Jan 2020 – Present
- Spearheaded a complete organizational rebranding, including the launch of a new primary website, secondary website, and logo.
- Managed the social platforms Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, successfully growing followers by 60%.
- Created and implemented compelling email campaigns, successfully increasing open rates by 8% for over 13,000 subscribers.
- Oversaw the operations and editorial content for three websites, and an e-commerce store.
- Designed systems to track social, website, and email analytics to enable smarter, data-driven marketing decisions.
- Developed graphics, videos, print materials, and other multimedia content to enhance engagement.
University of Iowa Office of Admissions Communications Coordinator
2017 – 2019
- Developed and executed segmented email campaigns, averaging 600 thousand emails a month.
- Updated and maintained admissions websites and blog to ensure a satisfactory front-end user experience.
- Supervised a student-based marketing team to develop email and print campaigns to emphasize authentic student voices.
- Created multimedia content for the web and social media.
Food Pantry at Iowa Co-Founder & Co-Director
2015 – 2017
- Created and founded the University of Iowa’s first on-campus food pantry.
- Oversaw the executive board, setting the direction, goals, and operations of the pantry with a $13,000 annual budget.
- In one year, grew the pantry from zero to 200 clients, 900 visits, and over 9,000 lbs. of distributed food.
University of Iowa Just Living Student Ambassador
- Alongside a team of students and University of Iowa staff, developed initiatives and events for the UI’s Theme Semester, designed to promote change and engage the university community on issues of social justice.
- Created digital and physical promotional event materials and developed marketing strategies.
University of Iowa Center for Human Rights Programming Intern
2015 – 2017
- Directed and planned events with budgets up to $7,000 for 150 attendees, including organizing speakers, caterers, photographers, advertising campaigns, and transportation.
- Spread knowledge of human rights issues by designing posters and flyers for print campaigns.
- As Editor, collaborated with staff to plan content for daily 19,500 circulation paper.
- As Editor, oversaw staff of 8 reporters and managed a monthly $2,000 budget.
- As Reporter, provided comprehensive coverage of local healthcare, civil rights, and LGBTQ issues by creating the Daily Iowan’s first human rights beat.